Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We only require customer information that is relevant to your order or request. We never sell customer data.
Information We Collect
We collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations, name and address, telephone number, billing address, and other information required for order processing. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor, to notify consumers about updates to our website, and/or to process your orders.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our newsletter services, email registrations, posting material, orders, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Information that you provide through phone, mail and fax interactions that you submit to Lexico.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address.
The Way We Use Information
Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us may be used for the following:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. To provide customer service to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose information to our affiliates and other companies that work with us. We do not share your information with outside parties except as provided herein and to the extent necessary to provide you service and maintain our Site.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To process orders placed on our Site (including to contact you if there are any questions/issues with your order, e.g. FedEx delivery issues, order status updates, etc).
- To contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you (e.g. newsletters). If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or send us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com, or click the unsubscribe link in the email you no longer wish to receive. Note, these opt outs do not apply to necessary contact specific to an order or service request (e.g. order confirmation emails).
Customer information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without the consent of the customer, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
Payment Information Security
Credit card orders: The payment information you provide to process your order is passed to our credit card gateway (authorize.net or PaypalPro) securely via SSL. For your safety and protection, your credit card information is NOT stored on our servers. If you select the option to have your credit card saved for future orders or if you are subscribing to a product/service that requires automated monthly recurring billing, authorize.net keeps this information encrypted and secure on your behalf.
Product Reviews and Other Public Posts
If you submit a product or store review on lexicocom.com or via a review site like Shopper Approved, your comments will be visible to others along with your first name and location. Lexico is not responsible for the User Contributions you choose to submit. If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
Lexico reserves the right to modify, hide, or delete posts that are obscene, derogatory, contain personal or private info, contain trademarked or copyrighted information, endorse competing products, services, or providers, or are irrelevant (e.g. spam).
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the platform for which the Site resides on – commonly known as a “production environment”, utilizes a wide-range of software tools and programs to for the ultimate goal of ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) – a concept known as the CIA triad of information security. Tools which are currently in use, or are to be deployed if necessary for the security of the Site are to include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Network Security and Network Monitoring: Tools that assist in securing the network for which the Site resides on. Such tools include network and perimeter firewalls, web application firewalls, routers, switches, intrusion detection systems, and other related tools.
- Network Performance: Tools that assist in monitoring all aspects of the Site, such as performance monitoring for website uptime, etc.
- Other: Additionally, A variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are implemented for helping ensure the safety and security of the Site.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations by local, state, and/or federal agencies, no other attempts are made by Lexico to identify individual users and/or their usage habits on the Site.
Lexico occasionally sends e-mail newsletters to customers or users who have signed up on the Site. You can opt-out of any Lexico newsletter at any time via the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter mailing, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information that we maintain about them, including unique identifier information (e.g., customer number), transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases), communications that the consumer/visitor has directed to our site (e.g., e-mails, customer inquiries), and contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number). Consumers can request this information by e-mailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us at 866-304-3830 during business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm EST). Lexico is happy to correct, update, or remove stored information upon request (e.g. new addresses, new contact information, etc).
All information accessed through the Site is in compliance with the required information security mandates of Article 32 of the GDPR. Specifically, Article 32 mandates the following:
Implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including inter alia as appropriate:
- The pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data.
- The ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
- The ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- A process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lexico’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lexico, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. As such, Lexico only provides these links for your information and convenience, thus, when you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Site and therefore subject to the privacy and security policies of these external websites. Additionally, please note the following:
- Lexico does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Lexico does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Lexico therefore cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Lexico is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.